Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day!


Happy Mother's Day to all you Blog reading Moms! We had a fun filled day, we were able to spend time with Cory's Mom and Dad today. We had a lazy morning at home and I was able to sneak away for a few minutes and drink my coffee outside in my lawn chair! We went to church and then to the Bigwood Event Center for a Mother's Day Brunch/Lunch. It was really good and we were able to take our time and enjoy it. Noah was so good and was loving the variety of food we gave him. We also were able to go see my Mom later this evening and spend sometime outside at the lake. Noah loved the swing and we finally got him in the grass and it didn't seem to bother him at all! Can you see the dirt on his feet?
The plate my Mom is holding is something I have been waiting to give her for months! My dad had gotten this plate for my Mom on her 1st Mother's Day in 1977. ( It says Mother's Day 1977) This past winter my Mom was dusting and the plate fell and shattered. She was devastated because this plate always meant so much to her. So I got to thinking that just maybe I could find one on EBay. So sure enough I found it and I placed my bid and won! With shipping I ended up paying less then my Dad did 30 years ago. My Mom was very excited!







2 comments:

The Erickson Family said...

Talk about a wonderful gift for your mom! VERY nice!

Happy (belated) Mother's Day to you Erika! Isn't it so neat to be a mommy??? I love it!

Will I be seeing you grad weekend when Bennett and I are in Fergus? I hope so!

Brooke said...

It looks like you had a great Mother's Day! How cute, the dirt on his legs! What a boy!